httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Proctor <sproc...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject running out of file descriptors w/ 1.3.12
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:01:01 GMT
the server my site is hosted on is running Apache/1.3.12
(Unix) mod_perl/1.24 ApacheJServ/1.1.2 on Solaris 8 (according to
netcraft).  the server tells me it's SunOS 5.8 when I log in, perhaps
netcraft is confused.  Anyway, my problem is that ever week or two the
server runs out of file descriptors and I have to ask the webmaster to
restart the server.  he said he wrote a script to quadruple the number of
file descriptors, but the problem persists.  the site is
www.psa.neu.edu.  He blames it on my page which I believe is the only one
using SSI and virtual includes.  Has anyone experienced this problem and
know the cause and hopefully a solution?

thanks,
Sean