httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Kmoch <km...@whs.edu>
Subject rewrite rule w/o index.html reference
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 00:37:30 GMT
I managed to figure out the rewrite rules needed to access a part of my
site through a simpler command like   www.whs.edu/x  where x is some part
of our site buried pretty deep.

In any case, here's what I put in .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase     /teacher-recruiting
RewriteRule     ^index\.html$    teacher-recruitment-2002.html

This works except that I need a blank file named index.html - I tried a
few things in that third line, but nothing worked.  I worked with the
mod_rewrite.html document, but nothing here or in the other site with
samples seems to do the trick.

Can someone lead me to what I want?

Thanks!

Joe
--
Joe Kmoch                                     Washington High School
Director, Academy of Information Technology   2525 N. Sherman Blvd