httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject OT: restricting FTP access to certain directories
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:28:38 GMT
Hi All,

I know this a little bit off-topic, but I thought you guys might know the
answer to this. I  have user who wants FTP access to a directory under
htdocs. This is directory also has WebDAV enabled on it.

Now I want to restrict the user's access to this just one directory. I dont
want him to traverse up/down in the file-system. I know I can achieve this
by using file/directory permissions. However due to the nature of WebDAV,
everything has to be owned by the user "nobody".

Any thoughts on how I can achieve this, without comprising security?

Thanks
Saqib Ali
In a world where great minds think alike,
you can count on Saqib for a unique idea.....