httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Apache hangs at boot - pass phrase
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:27:04 GMT

Hey Jack,
Read http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO/ssl.html#AEN402

It will tell you what to do in your situation.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
=======================
"Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
someday I will."
http://davtest.seagate.com/b2 -> my daily BLOG

                    "Jack L.

                    Stone"               To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    <jack@sage-on        cc:

                    e.net>               Subject:     Apache hangs at boot - pass phrase

                    04/18/2002

                    03:20 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Running FBSD 4.5.
I recently installed Apache-1.24+mod_ssl-2.8.8 and found that reboot hangs
up at the "local package initialization". After a reboot to bypass the boot
scripts in rc.d, I disarmed the apache.sh bootup script and rebooted okay.

It dawned on me that the hangup is because the apache-ssl must have an
input for the certificate pass phrase. How can I modify the boot script to
take care of this at bootup?

This is what it wants to load:
#Server sageman:443 (RSA)
#Enter pass phrase:

Sorry if this is an old question, but could not find anything recent in the
archives.... any help appreciated & hope this is the right place to ask....

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone
Server Admin