httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Is this possible?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:11:58 GMT

i think on a name  based vitual host, only "one" virtual host can be SSLed
Saqib Ali
=======================
"Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
someday I will."
http://davtest.seagate.com/b2 -> my daily BLOG

                    Phil Forrest

                    <forrest@physics.A        To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    uburn.EDU>                cc:

                                              Subject:     Is this possible?

                    04/28/2002 11:09

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    users

I checked the docs, and they seem to indicate this is possible.

What I need to do is serve name-based vhosts with IP based vhosts.
I would go solely with name-based if I could, but I need to SSL one
of the hosts (it's going to run IMP), and I've heard that SSL requires
an IP address to work.

What I don't know is if this combination with plain http name-based
vhosts can live beside an IP based https vhost in the same httpd.conf??

Thanks for any tutelage,
-Phil

Phil Forrest
334-844-6910