httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: RealOne/Apache Problem
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:15:34 GMT

hi edward,

real player and the web browser are 2 separate clients, so 2 authentication
prompts are unavoidable. I would try embedding the real player into the
webpage, and see if that help. but i highly doubt it. let us know if it
worx.

Saqib Ali
=======================
"Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
someday I will."

                    "Edward

                    Wiener"              To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <ed@lantia.co        cc:

                    m>                   Subject:     RealOne/Apache Problem

                    04/22/2002

                    01:43 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

I'm building a website with static content (images,  QuickTime movies, and
mp3s) served by Apache 1.3.22
and JSPs/Java served by Resin.  The static  content is protected by Apache
Basic Authorization; however,
a problem occurs when Real One Player attempts to  load any .mp3 file.
Even when the user has logged
in successfully via Apache, a password dialog box  prompts the user to
re-enter his password.  This problem
does not seem to occur with other .mp3  clients.  Is there a
straightforward solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edward