httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mimi" <mona...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: urgent help
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 04:37:49 GMT
Thank you for your help.

mimi
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Octavian Rasnita
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:10 PM
  Subject: Re: urgent help

  Hi,

  What do you mean by "can't connect"?

  Have you tried typing 192.168.22.1 in Internet Explorer?
  What does it happen?

  Does it tell you "can't find host" or it brings up the dial up connection window?

  In any case, try to do as follows:

  1. Open Internet Explorer, and go to Tools menu/Internet Options.
  Here in the second page (Security), choose Local intranet.
  2. Press the settings button.
  3. Check all the 3 check boxes and press the advanced button.
  4. Add the IP address you want to connect to there.
  5. Press OK then OK and move to the connections page.
  6. Make sure those radio buttons say something like:
  "Dial a connection whenever a network connection is not present".
  7. Find your hosts file in your Windows folder somewhere and add the following line:

  192.168.22.1     Host_Name

  where Host_Name is the name of the computer you want to connect to.
  This way you will be able to use this name instead of the IP address.
  8. Reboot.

  Now try to type that IP address or the Host_Name in Internet Explorer.

  Note: I remember the settings from Windows 98 and Windows 2k but I never used Win Mi, so
the controls can be in other places.

  Cheers.

  Teddy,
  orasnita@home.ro