httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Seidl" <apachem...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:17:22 GMT
Thanks for all the sugestions.  I misunderstood exactly how the Windows 2000
Gateway worked.  Thanks for clearing it up a bit.

As for the correct IP (found by running /sbin/ifconfig -a as suggested by
Lee) it came up with the 192.168.0.171.  Again, using this IP I can reach
the introductory apache page through http but not https.

When I run "netstat -na | grep LIST" as suggested by Jack, I get the
following output:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:32768         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32769           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:21              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1203   /dev/gpmctl
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1381   /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1302
/tmp/.font-unix/fs7100
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1280
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

When I run "netstat -a | grep 443" as suggested by Owen, I get no ouput.
When I remove the grep 443, I get the following output:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:32768 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:32769                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:x11                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:smtp *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 192.168.0.171:ssh       192.168.0.1:3294
ESTABLISHED

When you look at the output from both, there are entries for port 443 and
https, both in a Listen state.  To the untrained eye of mine, it appears
that Apache is listening to port 443.

Thanks all for the past and future help!!!!

Scott