httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Seidl" <apachem...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:07:20 GMT
I tried using the ip of 127.0.0.1 which is the IP that is given by my
Windows 2000 box for my Linux box and received no result for either http or
https.  I then tried the assigned by my ISP (yes I am still on Dial Up),
which at the time was 192.168.0.171.  The http request worked fine, but
again the https request did not.  I tried both the https and
http://192.168.0.171:443 and neither ssl request worked.

To me it appears that apache is not listening for the https request on port
443, even though it is in my httpd.conf file. Below is a section of the
http.conf file, appearing in Section 2.:
#
# Port: The port to which the standalone server listens. For
# ports < 1023, you will need httpd to be run as root initially.
#
Port 80

##
##  SSL Support
##
##  When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
##  standard HTTP port (see above) and to the HTTPS port
##
<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 80
Listen 443
</IfDefine>

Thanks again for the past and future help.
Scott