httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Seidl" <apachem...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:49:57 GMT
I used the url of https://isaartrailriders.dyndns.org which I have as a
domain name (along with localhost.localdomain) of the computer, and that
worked fine.  I then tried accessing the same url from my windows box and it
did not work, even though I have a dynamic dns entry that keeps the ip to
that address up-to-date.  Could there be a conflict since I have both (the
server and dyndns entry as isaartrailriders.dyndns.org)

When I try to access https://isaar... from the windows box, there are no
entries that are the access_log or error_log showing that Apache even
received the request.  I can access non-SSL from my windows box with
http://isaar...

I don't believe I tried using the ip address of the Linux box, so that is
something I will try.

Please note, 99% of the time, I access my Linux box through SSL, so
everything need to be configured from the command line.

Again, thanks for the help and future help.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Fellows [mailto:lfellows@4lane.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:23 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: FW: Apache 1.3.24 & mod_ssl

 When you state you can see the page when accessing it from the box
 itself, do you mean by using a url like 'https://localhost/'?  If this
 works locally, what are you using for a url from the box where it
 fails?  You can look at the access_log and error_log to see if apache
 is recognizing the connection attempt.  The error message you report
 seems vague, but I may be mistaken.  I am wondering if there is a name
 resolution problem from the other box.  Did you try using the IP
 address of the web server from the other box?