httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Soheil Shaghaghi" <sohe...@jhanna.com>
Subject NT Server
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:12:43 GMT
Hello everyone.
I have a question, that might be a bit off the topic, so please forgive me.
I have been running Linux, and FreeBSD servers for my hosting company, and
recently noticed that a lot of the people who get referred to me, are asking
for NT servers.

I am pretty familiar with the NT intranet servers, but have never made a web
server using one.
So, here are the questions I have:
1. Do I actually need to have an NT machine, or a Win2000 Server to setup a
web server, or can I just use a Win2000 software to do this?

2. Is it fairly simple to operate a Windows server remotely?

3. Can anyone give me some quick pointers to get me started on this please?

I am looking for an inexpensive solution, if possible.

Sincerely,
Soheil