httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roger Williams" <ro...@roger.jp>
Subject RE: Trouble with suexec and apache 2.0.35 -- More
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:28:11 GMT
--with-suexec-userdir=public_html is what i meant to say
not --with-suexec-userdir=/home/www/felix/public_html  in case I wasnt
clear.  this way all users can use their public_html to server webpages and
execute scripts.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: felix@crowfix.com [mailto:felix@crowfix.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 11:04 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Hasanuddin Tamir
Subject: Re: Trouble with suexec and apache 2.0.35 -- More

Hasanuddin Tamir <san@trabas.com> writes:

>> The compile time suexec config options were
>>
>> --enable-suexec
>> --with-suexec-bin=/usr/local/apache/sbin/suexec
>> --with-suexec-caller=www
>> --with-suexec-userdir=/home/www

> The value of this option is the directory where the common directory for
> the users to keep their stuff, to be called with tilde in URL. The
> /home/www should be supplied for --with-suexec-docroot instead

>> --with-suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs

> All programs must be somewhere under this directory if the scripts are
> supposed to be called via VH. delwww is obviously out of there.

Not that I can see.  This same configuration (well, modified as
necessary for the change from 1.3 to 2.) works fine under 1.3.20.
Delwww is not under DocRoot and hasn't been since my first Apache
setups back around 1995 or so.  UserDir is a perfectly good place for
delwww.

Now maybe I am compiling with some bad configuration parameters, and
I'd sure like to know what, but --with-suexec-docroot is not the only
possible location.  There's also --with-suexec-userdir.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license
I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of
room o