httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Green" <ja...@stealthnet.co.uk>
Subject RE: New GUI for Apache
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:29:40 GMT
I wholly agree with this. Certainly storing the base configuration in XML
would be sensible, although it might take some though to ensure it was still
'greppable'. You could, for instance, have something like <directive
name="maxconnections">50</directive>, and that -would- be greppable. It may
also reduce the chances of an ambiguous syntax such as a list of values
desired.

I think the greatest advantage would be the ease in creating a config tool.
It's something 'the suits' desire in a software package, often above more
important factors such as stability...  Wonder if that's partly why IIS is
so strong in corporate environments.

Just my thoughts.

James.