httpd-users mailing list archives

From bluejack <m...@bluejack.com>
Subject Re: where is my cgi-bin
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:37:17 GMT
4/15/02 10:29:56 AM, "Hytham Shehab" <hythamshb@menanet.net> wrote:

>not at all, since i installed RH 7.2, i didn't install any web server, but i
>have a source for the Apache 2, is it a good idea to install it over what i
>already have to see if the problem persist or not?

As root, do a 'ps -ef | grep httpd' to figure out what is running,
then. When you installed RH, it probably installed an apache,
which is what is currently running. You will want to KILL -TERM
that version, if there is one. If there isn't, I don't know
what's wrong.

-b

   | http://www.bluejack.com      ||     reviews of science fiction |
   |                              ||     record of the writing life |