httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Marusinec" <mat...@beau-monde.com>
Subject mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:31:19 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem, I would like to ask, if someone can help me with that.

I want to use redirection on my server, with mod_rewrite, but I want it,
while rewriting the URI, to update also HTTP_REFERER field, as I found, the
referer is still the same.
I can desribe what I want, by this example:
I have two sites,
site1.domain.com
site2.domain.com
When someone will go from some.where.com to site1.domain.com, I want Apache
to redirect the request to site2.domain.com. Till now it is simple. But I
want to have access control based on referer, that people cannot go directly
to site2.domain.com, only if they go from site1.domain.com. Without
redirection, it works, just click on a page. With redirection, the
mod_rewrite does not change the HTTP_REFERER field, so it lookslike someone
goes directly from some.where.com.

Is it possible to tell mode_rewrite to update the field, or to set it by
some configuration directive in httpd.conf file?

Thanks,

regards,
Martin Marusinec