httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Graham White" <gra...@bravenet.com>
Subject SSL Page cannot be displayed Errors
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:03:21 GMT
I recently set up an SSL version of Apache. It has a combination of
SSLEnabled and non SSL virtual hosts in the config. It works fine except for
the fact that 20% of the time or so I get a Page Cannot be Displayed Error.
Doing a refresh then loads the page properly. It seems to be happening only
with the SSL enabled virtual hosts . I've tried disabling virtual hosts one
at a time with no difference. The SSL error logs look clean enough, nothing
that indicates what would be causing it. I've tried different loglevels as
well and still nothing that jumps out. The only thing that made a difference
was disabling SSL on the virtual hosts, setting the config and virtual hosts
to listen on 80 rather than 443 and the problem went away. Here are some of
the particulars of the config and versions of software:

Apache/1.3.22 mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

<IfDefine ssl>
   LoadModule ssl_module         modules/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine ssl>
   AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>

Global Definitions:

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl

SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin

SSLSessionCache         dbm:/etc/httpd/logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

SSLLog      /etc/httpd/logs/ssl_engine_log
SSLLogLevel error

Vhost config Example:

SSLEnable
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile path to server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile path to server.key

I hope this is enough info, Has anyone seen this before, links to trouble
shooting documentation? suggestions? Thanks in advance.
GW