httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Arrison" <arri...@gnostech.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.35 causing truncated file
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:35:17 GMT
Katherine,
	What is the output of the access log from this request?  A typical line
would look like:

207.x.x.x - - [26/Apr/2002:07:29:58 -0400] "GET /index.shtml HTTP/1.1" 200
475

The last number here is the number of bytes in the file sent.  Is that
number the number you expected?

     -Mike Arrison

-----Original Message-----
From: tigger@acu.ac.uk [mailto:tigger@acu.ac.uk]On Behalf Of Katherine
Spice
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 7:02 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Apache 2.0.35 causing truncated file

I upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0.35 yesterday, and have encountered this very
strange problem. I have a file (index.shtml) with SSIs that is about
40KB. The includes work, but when I load the page in Netscape 4.7 or 6.2
on WinNT or NN4.7 on Linux it doesn't load "properly". Viewing the
source shows that it appears to have been truncated mid stream but not
always in the same place (sometimes through a bit of html which is in
the file, other times in the middle of an include) - it seems to get
further down the page in NN4.7 on NT. This page also calls *lots* of
images - I'm not sure if that could be relevant.

I compiled it with all the default modules (see below), and I'm using a
plain vanilla httpd.conf (not the high performance).

I'd be really grateful for any help/suggestions!

Thanks,
Katherine

# bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules: