httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Podury, Krishna" <Krishna.Pod...@NASD.com>
Subject RE: CGI Dir
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:28:27 GMT
Bob, This is interesting. My httpd.conf is owned by root,root. I will change
that to something else and see if it works.

Thanks
Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob T [mailto:rtalbot@localnet.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 12:03 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Bill Lyles
Subject: Re: CGI Dir

Bill
Yeah I had no trouble with Linux just with WinXp...Xp has a choice of
Archive... Read-Only... and Hidden..  No Chmod here :^)
 But my files are set right otherwise they would not have run from htdoc
dir..
Just won't run from cgi-bin dir..

 Krishna
 In Linux make sure to set the httpd.conf to a user and group that has the
correct permissions or create one ,, Don't use Root..

Can Anyone looking at my earlier post & see why my conf does not allow perl
execution from cgi-bin  dir..

bob