httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Del Duca, Ross (OTS-EDH)" <Ross_DelD...@youraccounts.com>
Subject RE: Apache with many users
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:55:22 GMT
You probably already have this by default.  Look for 'UserDir public_html'
in the httpd.conf file.  With this line in there, users can create a
public_html directory under their home directory, that would be accessible
via http://your.servername.com/~username  - where username is, well, the
username.

I'm fairly confident that this line has been included in just about every
compilation of apache I have done, so you might want to do a quick test to
see if you already have the functionality you are looking for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wallace Kha [mailto:Wallace.Kha@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:43 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Apache with many users

Hi Gurus,
I am running Solaris 8 with Apache webserver 1.3. I have a lot of users on
my
server and I want all these users to be able to make use of Apache on their
own
account. Is this possible and how do I implement this ? Example, If user 1
wants
to post his own content on the webserver, he can put all the content in a
directory like ~/public_html. But he can view the files with the URL :

http://<Address of webserver>/~user1

This way all users can post there own content on there own account.

Thanks.

Notice: This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual
or company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure or unauthorized use
under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this
e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by
the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please return
the material received to the sender and delete all copies from your system.
Thank you.