httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin ...@darrelaustin.com>
Subject Re: Config'ing CGI's (was: Two odd (but probably basic) problems with executables)
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:23:43 GMT
> Well, you are seriously misunderstanding those references.

Oh...no doubt. I'll be the first to admit that the Apache Documentation is
rather difficult for me to digest.

In all fairness, I really need to get a book on this...

> So you can't feed AddHandler a path to a cgi script.  It should look
> more like
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Ah. My interpretation of the documentation was that "cgi-script" was the
path to the directory with the scripts in it. Is that incorrect?

Changing it to "AddHandler cgi-script .cgi" produces the 403 forbidden error
again. The actual error (in the logs) is:

[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
/var/www/virtualhosts/server/html/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

If I go back to making "chi-script" the actual path to the directory, then I
regain access to the directory via my web browser, but the scripts don't
actually execute...just render as text.

Ugh. Confused as ever... ;o)

-Darrel