httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin ...@darrelaustin.com>
Subject Congig'ing CGI's (was: Two odd (but probably basic) problems with executables)
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:11:18 GMT
I had a problem last week regarding getting some CGIs to execute, and
someone (I apologize for not remembering who...my archive isn't on this
machine), rightfully so, pointed out that I should first look at the error
logs.

I was originally having problems accessing the directory with the CGI
scripts (I am attempting to get Bugzilla installed on my machine). When I
tried to access said files, I got a 403 forbidden error. The error logs said
I didn't have the ExecCGI comment implemented, so I updated the config file
as such:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
DocumentRoot /var/www/virtualhosts/site/html
ServerName servername.com
Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler /var/www/virtualhosts/site/html/bugzilla .cgi
</VirtualHost>

I can now access this directory, but the script is shown as a text file
rendered in my browser...it doesn't actually execute.

Is this a problem with my config file, or is this a different issue now?

Thanks.

-Darrel