httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@conads.com>
Subject Help Building Apache 2.0.35 on OSX 10.1.4
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:49:24 GMT
I'm having no luck compiling Apache 2.0.35 on my OSX box.

I applied the supplied patch to ltconfig and it appeared to go fine. But,
when I  run the ./configure script I get the following error during the
"Configuring Apache Portable Runtime Utility library..." Phase:

checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you
must specify one
configure failed for xml/expat
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

So I guessed I had to supply a host -type as an argument. When I specify a
host as variable ie
./configure --host=powerpc-apple-darwin5.3

I get the following error:

checking host system type... Invalid configuration
`powerpc-apple-darwin5.3': system `darwin5.3' not recognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration
`powerpc-apple-darwin5.3': system `darwin5.3' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration
`powerpc-apple-darwin5.3': system `darwin5.3' not recognized

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) no
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
configure failed for xml/expat
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

I can tell it has something to do with libtool, but what I have no idea.

Any help would be so appreciated.
Zoran