httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin ...@darrelaustin.com>
Subject Two odd (but probably basic) problems with executables
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:43:06 GMT
Hi. I'm having two problems. I'm trying to install two separate web-based
bug tracking system. One is in Perl, the other in PHP.

Firt, the perl one (Bugzilla). I have it uploaded to the server, but
whenever I access one of the pages, I get the following:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /bugzilla/createaccount.cgi on this
server.

I assume this has something to do with my config file not allowing CGIs to
be executed...but I'm not sure. I have set all of the permissions for all of
these files to 777, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have Moveable Type
up and working on the same machine, so I don't think it is a permissions
issue.

The other problem is quite a bit different. It's a php based system (Mantis)
and I can't even get into the directory that it is uploaded to.

Whenever I try to access the directory, such as:

55.55.55.55/mantis/

I get a THE SPECIFIED SERVER COULD NOT BE FOUND. Renaming this directory
does not fix it.

Any other directory work just fine, or gives the the usual 404 File Not
Found error. Any clue as to what's going on?

Thanks.