httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>
Subject Re: memory
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:12:38 GMT
On 4/4/02 10:48 AM, "Andrew Kunz" <kunza@tdbank.ca> wrote:

> How is anyone calculating memory usage per httpd process?  I need to
> understand the impact of 300 vrs 600 maxclients

On Unix, version 1.3.x, you do this:

Size of your main process TIMES the number you expect to SIMULTANEOUS (say
150 per second) PLUS the number of local DB connections TIMES the size of
any DB process EQUALS the amount of memory you must have during ANY given
second ...

Something like that.

For example -
My E10k had 16GB RAM
My Apache processes run about 10MB each
The MySQL connections run about 50MB each

So, to serve 150 simultaneous connections per second I would really only
need aboujt 900MB ~1.2GB of RAM

600 MaxClients seems to be an awful lot to me anyhow...

HTH;
-Sx-  :]
My new personal quote:
Be alert!  The world needs more Lerts!  :)