httpd-users mailing list archives

From Foo Chang Hu <eng90...@nus.edu.sg>
Subject IPv6 enabled Apache 2.0.28 on Win XP platform: Prob Viewing Webpa ge
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:22:14 GMT
Hi!

Many thanks to the feedback provided by Andrew and Owen to my previous
problem. It is greatly appreciated. =)

Here i am to seek help on another problem, here goes:

I am using Windows XP and installed Apache httpd 2.0.28 with the IPv6 patch
from Kato's website. I added the IPv6 address through setting up a virtual
host. The test configuration works fine and i can start the apache server
with no problems.

However, when i tried to access the server webpage on the same computer, it
works for the Ipv4 address but when i typed in the hexadecimal IPv6
address(http://[fec0::1:0:0:0:1]), IE returned an 'invalid syntax' message.
Does that mean that it does not support IPv6 addresses?

I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that i did not use the
checkv4 tool and change the windows sockets' source code files to support
IPv6. However, the XP website says that:

"Windows XP contains an updated version of the Internet extensions
dynamic-link library (DLL), Wininet.dll, to enable your Web browser to view
IPv6-enabled Web sites"

Do i have to make changes to the source code file? if yes, where can i
locate it? if there is no need to change the source code file, what is th e
problem?

Thank you

terrence