httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Rohde" <rro...@wfubmc.edu>
Subject RE: 502 Proxy Error: Correction
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:49:16 GMT
A 502 error is Bad Gateway. Get yourself a copy of the html error codes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Fellows [mailto:lfellows@4lane.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 4:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: 502 Proxy Error: Correction

Hi,

  I cannot tell you specifically what 502 represents, but the
error message is pretty clear:  The Apache server was configured
to proxy a request and could not fulfill the request because it could
not get a response from the server it was configured to proxy for.

  I know that that is clear as mud.  The problem is, without knowing
the configuration of the front-end and back-end machines, and possibly
the network layout, it is impossible to answer authoritatively.  It
could be a mis-configuration on the apache server, on the back-end
server or of the network itself.

  Does that help.