httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: sorry... newbie question...
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:00:56 GMT
Have you defined the "localhost" alias?
Default IP address for "localhost": 127.0.0.1

If you have a proxy, don't forget to check the option in your Browser to say that it couldn't
use proxy for local addresses.

Sylvain

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Camilla Lumme [mailto:calumme@saunalahti.fi]
Date: lundi, 22. avril 2002 16:54
À: users@httpd.apache.org
Objet: sorry... newbie question...

I've installed apache 2.035 for windows on windows 98. When I try the adress
"localhost" IE says page not found. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting,
creating index.html files in the "htdocs" directory and some more. Can this
have anything to do with a previous installation of Personal Web Server, I
always have problems with Microsofts programs not wanting to uninstal
correctly. But probably this has something to do with wrong options. Apache
is installed as service on port 80, domain and server name set to "default",
the name of this computer. The server is installed in
c:\mydir\programs\apachegroup\apache2. I've tried the manual, but can't
figure it out. Can anyone help me with settings or somthing? THank you!