httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Lim <st...@stevelim.com>
Subject Help with .htaccess paths on Windows
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:43:47 GMT
Hello fellow Apache users,

I just installed apache on windows and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Regarding the issue of htaccess and password protection to various
directories/folders.. I seem to be having a problem which I believe is
related to how my path is being interpreted by apache.

here is a sample of my .htaccess file.

AuthType Basic
AuthName "short description"
AuthUserFile C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\.htpasswd

<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</Limit>

Unfortunately I get the following server error.

Error message:
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/test/.htaccess: AuthUserFile
takes 1-2 arguments, text file containing user IDs and passwords

I would _really_ appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

many thanks,
Steve.