httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Apolinaras \"Apollo\" Sinkevicius" <apsin...@yahoo.com>
Subject I need help with access configuration by host and by IP for my mirror server I host...
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:03:49 GMT
I need help.
I host couple of big files on my server which are pretty darn popular. The
main file I am mirroring is a MYSQL database management tool for Windows
and so far I get about 10 gigs worth of traffic from that file, which is a
but too much for me. So it is hoging my bandwidth, but I do not want to
drop mirroring them. I have agreed with the author that I will provide
access to those files only to select countries... Here is the stuff I need
to do, but I don't know how.
1. I would like to only allow poeple from USA, UK, Germany, Canada access
those file on my Apache. How can I achieve that? Something like Allow
directive . What I have now does not seem to work.
<Directory "/mysql">
deny from all
allow from .com
allow from .ca
allow from .net
allow from .org
allow from .de
allow from .uk
</Directory>

2. I would like to block access from any unresolved host users (the ones
who's IP can not be resolved into a host). How can that be done for just
one directory? Is there a place I can download list of IP blocks for
mentioned countries and do allow function for those blocks?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Apollo