httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hu, Meng P (Meng Pei)" <meng...@lucent.com>
Subject Apache 1.3.22 Basic Authentication
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:23:08 GMT
Hi,

i followed the Apache HTTP Server document to setup the basic authentication
work on my Apache server with SSL. The following are the procedures :

1. Create a password file. I can see the file contains username and
encrypted password.
>htpasswd -c /etc/security/local_passwd Admin

2. Configure the httpsd.conf file.
<Directory /apache/htdoc>
	AuthName "Login Site"
	AuthType Basic
	AuthUserFile /etc/security/local_passwd
	Require	valid-user
</Directory>

But, i won't be able to login by entering correct username and password. The
error message in httpsd_error_log is :
"user Admin authentication failure for /index.html : password mismatch"

Did i miss anything ?

Thanks,
mengpei