httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: logging domains
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:44:43 GMT
look for a HostNameLookup tag in your httpd.conf file, change this to be yes and if you have
reverse lookup setup it will display the domains in the log files

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Vasiliy Boulytchev [mailto:vasiliy@boulytcheva.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 April 2002 9:30 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: logging domains

Ladies and Gents,
    My problem is that apache is NOT putting in the log files the domain names people hit.
 The server I'm working with is really build like **** so we're trying to rebuild this thing
piece by piece.  It would be MUCH simpler for me to have apache put domain names in the log
(yes, the previous admin used one log file for 450 domains) so Webalizer can spit out reports
regarding different domains, not just http usage for the whole server.  If anyone has any
other suggestiong (other than rebuild the virtual hosts to log separately), please let me
know.
Curent log entrees look like this :

63.252.192.227 - - [22/Apr/2002:17:28:13 -0600] "GET /pix2.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 821

Thanks for your help,

Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies Inc.