httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Replacing IIS with Apache on Win2k
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:45:32 GMT
Yes you can do all of that with FP Extensions. Why don't you also ask permission if you can
move everything over to a Linux platform if you are sick of applying security patches to fix
micro$oft's problems.

The web site that has the apache stuff for frontpage extensions is www.rtr.com

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Everts [mailto:evertsk@myrealbox.com]
Sent: Thursday, 18 April 2002 11:38 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Replacing IIS with Apache on Win2k

I am getting sick of applying all kinds of patches for IIS on my companies
intranet server.  I was given permission install Apache if I can get
everything working correctly, so I need to have a couple questions answered.

First, we use FrontPage 2002 server extensions, can I run FP02SE's with
Apache?

Second, we currently restrict access to webpage's by using NT permissions on
the files/folders themselves.  If I use apache, will they still be able to
restrict access to the permissions by using NTLM?

One more question, we have a lot of subweb's, so that only certain people
can modify certain pages.  Can I do the same type of thing with Apache?

Thanks!