httpd-users mailing list archives

From Randy <racole...@dti-web.com>
Subject Re: The front page - a CGI?
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 18:41:19 GMT
If you are not allowed to adjust the server to allow for a index.cgi,
there is always the 'invisible frames' method if all you want is a page
counter... It would be off topic, so email me directly...<br>
Thanks<br>
Randy<br>
At 4/7/02 06:19 PM +0300, you wrote:<br>
The execution of CGI scripts is permited only in cgi-bin directory, and
of<br>
course they are not allowed in the html one.<br>
So I have no solution?<br>
Thanks.<br>
Teddy,<br>
My new email address is orasnita@home.ro<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>
From: &quot;Rich Bowen&quot; &lt;rbowen@rcbowen.com&gt;<br>
To: &lt;users@httpd.apache.org&gt;<br>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 6:10 PM<br>
Subject: Re: The front page - a CGI?<br>
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Octavian Rasnita wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I know that in Apache HTTPD.conf file I could set more tipes of
index page<br>
&gt; (index.html index.shtml index.htm, etc) but I don't know if it is
possible<br>
&gt; to&nbsp; use an index.cgi as a front page.<br>
&gt; Is it possible?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I need that because I want to put a counter on it and I don't have
SSI on<br>
&gt; the web server where is my page.<br>
&gt; Do I need to set something in the httpd.conf file, or I need
other<br>
settings?<br>
&gt; Or it isn't possible?<br>
Yes, you can put any file name you want in a DirectoryIndex
directive.<br>
Make sure, of course, that cgi execution is permitted in the
directory<br>
in question.<br>
Did you try this and experience any particular problem?<br>
Rich<br>
--<br>
CooperMcGregor.com - Apache and mod_perl training<br>
ApacheAdmin.com - Apache Administrator's Handbook<br>
For additional commands, e-mail: