httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hong Wang <hw...@haverford.edu>
Subject Re: how to modify internal server error message
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:06:44 GMT
I checked httpd.conf. Unfortunately, There is no any file related the 500
internal server error. Here is our conf:

# Customizable error response (Apache style)
#  these come in three flavors
#
#    1) plain text
#ErrorDocument 500 "The server made a boo boo.
#  n.b.  the single leading (") marks it as text, it does not get output
#
#    2) local redirects
#ErrorDocument 404 /missing.html
#  to redirect to local URL /missing.html
#ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/missing_handler.pl
#  N.B.: You can redirect to a script or a document using server-side-includes.
#
#    3) external redirects
#ErrorDocument 402 http://some.other_server.com/subscription_info.html
#  N.B.: Many of the environment variables associated with the original
#  request will *not* be available to such a script.

#
# Customize behaviour based on the browser
#

Hong

At 04:50 PM 4/22/02 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>Hong Wang wrote:
>>In apache server, Is there a way to modify the internal server error
>>message shown on browser? If there is, how?
>
>See the ErrorDocument directive, and in particular
>ErrorDocument 500 /url-path/to/file.html
>
>Joshua.

Hong Wang
Academic Computing Center
610-896-1046