httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Weird vhost problem = now i'm really going nuts :-)
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:52:30 GMT
freaky wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 April 2002 12:11, Owen Boyle wrote:
>
> Ok, I tried what you suggested.... I'm really going nuts now :-)
> www.bananateam.nl serves /home/apache/main/html
> <notdefined>.bananateam.nl serves /home/apache/main/html (as suspected since
> it's the first vhost)
> enrico.bananateam.nl serves /home/apache/enrico/html
> hasjies.bananateam.nl serves /home/apache/hasjies/html
> swanny.bananateam.nl serves /home/apache/swanny/html

All OK - as defined in your config.

> And for the bonus points:
> freaky.bananateam.nl serves /usr/local/apache/htdocs
> which is no longer defined anywhere?...

No, it is defined as:

DocumentRoot /home/apache/freaky/html

However, I begin to suspect caching in your browser or an intermediate
proxy. Clear the cache, close it down and restart. I tried your server
directly just now but it seems to be down (probably you are restarting
it...)

> Please find the config attached :/
> And yes... the server was restarted after the changes :-)

Good.. you'd be surprised how many people forget this.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.