httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: httpd.conf in apache 2
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:42:52 GMT
Camilla Lumme wrote:

> Okay, now I tested to add a <files> section with asp directives for
> Apache::ASP in the conf file:
> <Files ~ (\.asp)>
>     SetHandler  perl-script
>     PerlModule  Apache::ASP
>     PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>     PerlSetVar  Global .
>     PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
> </Files>
> Now apache says that "PerlModule not allowed here" whereever i put it. I
> removed PerlModule directive and get a server internal error. Is there any
> other directives to be used for apache2 and mod_perl 2, or is the only thing
> I can do go back to 1.30 and wait.
> I saw that lots of people had problems installing mod_perl on apache 2. I
> tried to install it, and cgi works, perl works and the localhost default
> index that came in htdocs says it is installed so i guess it is. If to
> theres anything about the installation I can help you with, I'll do my best.

I haven't used apache 2.0 yet so this is just a wild guess:

I suspect that your apache binary does not have mod_perl installed. This
is a prerequisite for apache ASP. Check your binary with "httpd -l" and
see if mod_perl is listed. If not, get a binary with it installed
(http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.