httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kyle <k...@ccidomain.com>
Subject Re: logging domains
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:44:57 GMT
Vasiliy,

Why not have webalizer do the DNS lookups when it crunches the log files
by using switches like this:
-N 50 -D /var/cache/webalizerDNScache

Webalizer is very quick about crunching the IP addresses, and it frees
up Apache for web serving.  We used to have "hostnamelookups on" but
found about a *** 20:1 *** speed increase by turning hostnamelookups
back off and letting webalizer do the dns lookups when it crunches the
log files later.

-Kyle