httpd-users mailing list archives

From alex dyas <ad...@twowaytv.co.uk>
Subject Re: IIS on Win2000
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:46:23 GMT
One of the big differences between a UNIX environment and Windows is the
steep learning curve.  UNIX tends to favour flexibility and power over
the ease of use Windows has come to be known for.  Show a novice a UNIX
machine and tell them to get a web site up and running, and most of the
time it will take them longer than a novice doing the same thing in a
Windows environment.  However, I can guarentee that the person doing it
using UNIX will have learnt a hell of a lot more at the end of the
experience than the person using Windows.

I'm not saying this approach suits everyone, I'm just pointing out
something that you may want to bare in mind.  Using the quick and easy
route does not always make sense in the long run.

alex...

--
-= alex dyas - webmaster - twowaytv - uk =-