httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: General logfile in apache 1.3.24
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:13:36 GMT
Nick De Decker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can i specify a general logfile that logs every request on the server,
> for all virtualhosts.  However i still need separate logfiles for each
> virtualhost too.
> I want to use a pipe instead of a traditional logfile, so the problem is
> that when i specify 2 logfiles in the vhost (the general pipe and the
> standard logfile) that it starts a separate proces for every virtualhost.

Hmmm... If you are using piped logs anyway, then I would definitely
recommend have just *one* piped log and having the pipe program split it
into virtual hosts and copy it to your central logfile.  (You will, of
course, need to have virtual host info in your log format.)

That should be by far the most efficient and simplest way to go.

Joshua.