httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: newbie: .htaccess files being ignored
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:24:21 GMT
Justin French wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I thought I'd found my answer when I found this FAQ:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#htaccess-work
>
> But, I'm still not having any luck.

Debugging steps:

1. Start with a *really* simply .htaccess:
Order allow,deny
deny from all

2. What is the exact full pathname to your .htaccess file?

3. Are there any symbolic links or other funny business in the path?

4. Do: "grep AllowOverride httpd.conf" and make sure you know what each
directive is doing.

5. Are you sure you are editting the correct copy of httpd.conf and
restarting the server after making changes?

Jsohua.