httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: About .htaccess
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:40:08 GMT
Carlos Costa Portela wrote:

>         Ok. But is there any way to do that I can create my .htaccess
> without insert anything in httpd.conf?. I don't want insert a new
> <Directory ...> block for each time I want to protect a directory, or
> apply a new directive. Is there any way to achieve this?

Try setting AllowOverride All at server-config level (i.e. outside of
all <Directory> and <VirtualHost> blocks. However, this is actually the
default so it should work already - unless you switch it off somewhere
else... (I think if you have even one AllowOverride directive anywhere,
it switches off default behaviour everywhere).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.