httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Reichenbacher <fr...@mollynet.com>
Subject Re: frontpage extensions configuration
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:22:26 GMT
Nick De Decker wrote:

> Hello, thanks for the info.
> I didnt used the apachetoolbox because i allready had i my own install
> script with special dso modules ...
> i used the latest frontpage patch, it worked on 1.3.24 and recompiled my
> httpd with frontpage support.
> Then i downloaded the taball fp50.linux.tar.gz from the microsoft site and
> installed it by using the fp_install.sh script.
>
> After this i can connect with frontpage to the server and make new webs,
> search engine, counter, etc all worked fine, without having to alias
> something.
>
> With ./owsadm.exe -o
> install -servconf=/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -xuser i can simply
> install the extensions on other virtualhosts, it seems to work.
>
> The only thing now is that i cant seem to get the administrator pages to
> work.
> I used the ./owsadm.exe -o setadminport -p <PORT> -s
> <Path/to/your/httpd.conf> -username <USERNAME> -pw <PASSWORD>
>
> Only problem now is that i cant get passed the authbox for the
> admin-virutalhost (port 8080 in my case) and when i disable authentication
> in htaccess file it gives me an internal server error when i try to execute
> the fpadmcgi.exe script.

I didn't get the admin-virtualhost to work either, but I didn't really
try so I commented out the lines it stuck in httpd.conf. Forget them,
you're better off with the command line controls.

> I'm still stuck with this but i guess it's my suexec that's causing
> problems.
>
> Another thing : How do i have to create my main web in my virtualhosts main
> directory. I mean : when i want to create a new web in frontpage and i
> choose http://mydomain.com/ it complains that i need to specify a
> subdirectory, the result is that all my files are in that directory and not
> in the domain root. It seems this has nothing to do with my server but with
> frontpage itself. I'm not a frontpage user myself, so could someone tell me
> how to get a site on the virtualhost root instead of a subdir ?

I don't get this, I thought you said just above that it installed? What
command(s) did you use and what happens/doesn't happen.

> Do i still need the aliases now that all web components seem to work out of
> the box ?

I guess not.