httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darragh Sherwin <Darragh.Sher...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Solaris Compile
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:23:00 GMT

Josh Glover wrote:

> Thys de Wet wrote:
>
>> Hi There..
>> I compiled 2.0.35 on my linux box .. no problem..
>>
>> I try it on my solaris box .. i get the following messsage :
>
> [...]
>
> Had you searched Google Groups, you would have come to the following link:
>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=a8u46s%24d2k%241%40jute.lausitz.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DProblems%2Bcompiling%2BApache%2B2.0.35%2Bon%2BSolaris%2B2.7%26hl%3Den%26selm%3Da8u46s%2524d2k%25241%2540jute.lausitz.net%26rnum%3D1

> This is exactly the same problem, is it not? Luckily, I stumbled across
> this while Googling on a compile failure on Sol9 for httpd-2.0.35.
>
> The moral of the story is: use Google. If you find nothing, then post to
> the list. That will make people less likely to:
>
> a) Ignore your plea.
> b) Respond with an RTFM/SOFG.
>
> I would recommend reading ESR's "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way".[1]
> This is actually pointed out in the posting guidelines to *this* list.[2]
>

> [1] http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> [2] http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

Hi,
you need to use the cpp that comes with Solaris, in is normally
installed in /usr/lib, the easy thing to do is to put /usr/lib first in
your PATH variable, this should overcome this problem without any need
to be fiddling with source code.

This needs to be done as gcc does not seem (from my prespective anyway)
understand the Assembler code in Apache, were as cpp does understand it.

--
Darragh Sherwin

"To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems"
					Homer Simpson