httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Pellegrini <dav...@datawebsystems.com>
Subject Re: Use of env vars in httpd.conf wrt mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:16:16 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, David Pellegrini wrote:
> >
> > This works, but it's ugly, and repeats information I've already hardcoded in the
> > DocumentRoot directive.  If I move my document root, I have to remember to
> > update my RewriteCond's as well (and what are the chances of that happening the
> > first time?).  Ideally I'd just dereference the value of DocumentRoot in my
> > RewriteCond record, but I don't know how to do that (or if it's possible).
> > So that's question #1.  As an alternative, I tried using SetEnv to establish the
> > document root, then dereference it in the DocumentRoot and RewriteCond records,
> > but that doesn't work.  Example:
> >

> Ummm... What's wrong with the DOCUMENT_ROOT environment variable that
> is referenced here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteCond
>
> Joshua.

I was getting the default document root, not the virtual host's.  I just now
tried it again and it worked, so I must've screwed up the vhost definition
somehow when I tried it earlier.  I'm so embarrassed.

Still, now I'm curious how to reference env vars within httpd.conf.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/env.html doesn't address it.

Thanks!

-davidp