httpd-users mailing list archives

From mbconsulting <mbconsult...@pacificcoast.net>
Subject ./configure problem - "stuck" with Apache2.035 and Solaris 5.8
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:39:06 GMT
Hello

I have been trying to build Apache 2.035 on a Sun SPARC running Solaris
8

It runs through the normal stuff and then just "sits" and does nothing
after it prints outs "Check for compiler flags...."

 e.g.

$  ./configure

blah blah ... blah
creating libtool

Check for compiler flags...

It will sit for 8 hours or more and not do anything

I was using an older version of gcc, 2.9 or so, and I just
upgraded to gcc 3.0.3, as well as the latest versions
of libtool 1.04 and autoconf 2.53 off of sunfreeware.

Same problem. (I cleared the configure.cache as well)

Tried it on another Sparc (same OS level etc) and have the same
troubles.
Solaris 8 is patched up to MU 5.

I have been using and building Apache for years and years now
and never ran into a problem with configure like this.

I just ran ./configure within an older verison of apache (1.3.20) on
this box, and configure runs just fine.

Seems strange that no one else has run into this?
Nothing on the newsgroups, or bug reports or archived users lists that I
can see.

Any tips / thoughts / pointers would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

replies to mbconsulting@pacificcoast.net