httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Johansen Arvid S." <sni...@snille.com>
Subject "Client denied by server configuration" problem
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:13:13 GMT
I'm running a name-based virtual server where I have
closed/blocked the first site, the one that responds if someone's
making web requests with the IP address. This to block hacker
attacks on the IP address.

This works fine, but if I get a "Code Red" request ("GET
/default.ida?..." etc), the entry in the error log reads "Client sent
malformed Host header" rather than "client denied by server
configuration:..." plus reference to the web root.

I think it's more logical to block everything, as the configuration
reads, rather than try to analyze the host header first. Any
thoughts?

I run Apache 1.3.24 (Win32) on Windows 2000 (latest
servicepack/fixes applied).

Thanks for your attention,

- Arvid