httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: cgi question
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:55:05 GMT
Jim Hadfield wrote:

> As mentioned before, I did try it with addhandler configured the way you
> suggested.
>     # To use CGI scripts:
>     #
>     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
>
> Now, i just changed the script from:
> !/usr/bin/perl5
>
> to this:
> !/usr/bin/perl
>
> Run it and get this: (same error as before)
> [Tue Apr  9 09:25:56 2002] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
> /var/www/html/snowbankih/cgi-bin/ihcparts/cart.pl failed

This is a system error (see /usr/include/sys/errno.h) and is called when
your script doesn't begin with the correct shebang line.

Try setting the first line to:

#!/usr/bin/perl

and it should work (well, it will execute... you might still have a
program failure but at least the system will execute it).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.