httpd-users mailing list archives

From Admin <kompu...@naisp.net>
Subject Re: cgi question
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:52:51 GMT
you didn't understand what I said...presumably.

YES addhandler DOES have a default that is setup...
when you install apache its default extension that is
(by default) setup is files with the " .cgi " extension ONLY.

I only asked if he had also added the ext " .pl " to the addhandler line?
Just in case his script that was giving him trouble, had that ext.
if you don't specify this ext in that line as well, scipts with that ext will NOT
work.
aparently YOU are not aware of this, and therefore the reason you replied thusly.

Owen Boyle wrote:

> Admin wrote:
> >
> > When you included/uncommented the
> >
> > addhandler cgiscripts  .cgi   <did you also include the ext " .pl " ?
> >
> > you see, as default, apache only has " .cgi " ext included, you need to
> > manually include
> > also the  " .pl " ext as well, cause not all scripts are cgi, they also are pl
>
> "AddHandler" has no defaults at all. In any case, the questioner is not
> using "AddHandler" - he is using ScriptAlias to define CGIs. Therefore
> there is no need to use any particular extension.
>
> Rgds,
>
> Owen Boyle

<******** http://www.myispnet.net ********>
Admin -  My ISP Network