httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bjerkeset, Svein Olav" <s...@online.no>
Subject Libraray search path for DSOs with apxs in Apache 2.0.35
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 12:12:42 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to compile a module for Apache 2 as a DSO (the module is
mod_mya for MySQL
auth). On my computer I have MySQL installed in /opt/mysql, with the
shared libraries in
/opt/mysql/lib/mysql. This path is not in /etc/ld.so.conf, and I don't
want it to be.

The question is: How do I set the library search so that the module will
automatically search
/opt/mysql/lib/mysql for shared libraries? I have tried to methods
without any luck:

1. export LD_RUN_PATH=/opt/mysql/lib/mysql
    (before running apxs)

2. Giving the following flags to apxs:
        -Wl,-R,/opt/mysql/lib/mysql

With both methods, the -rpath argument is set to /opt/apache2/modules.

I have found a workaround that requires me to edit build/libtool under
the Apache 2 inst. dir,
but I suppose this is not the way to do it?

Any idea of how this is best solved?

Thanks in advance
Svein Olav Bjerkeset