httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Cooper <...@swelltech.com>
Subject Re: how to setup multiple virtual host with the same dynamic IP?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:47:19 GMT
You'll need to give the person connecting the whole path to the site
you'd like them to see:

http://1.2.3.4/site_no_1/

http://1.2.3.4/site_no_2/

Without a DNS server providing name service, you can't have a name-based
virtual host.  You could use the dyndns service to use domain names to
map directly to the virtual servers, as well (the paid for kind,
probably, since you'll be hosting multiple addresses).

Hytham Shehab wrote:
> hi every one,
>     am a web developer working at home, i got an idea of previewing my work
> on multiple projects of web sites to bosses from my PC, then i do this: <Win
> XP>
>
> hosts
> --
> 1.2.3.4        site_no_1
>
> httpd.conf
> --
> <virtualhost 1.2.3.4>
> blah blah
> </virtualhost>
> then i restart the apache, wll IT WORKS GREAT, but with one single virtual
> host, how can i do things like that
> hosts
> --
> 1.2.3.4    site_no_1
> 1.2.3.4    site_no_2
> 1.2.3.4    site_no_x
> so when ever one type 1.2.3.4 in his browser, it wll redirected to my PC,
> but then there is still one important q, how can this guy redirected to the
> specified web -virtual- site on my PC?
> am i clear?, hope so.
> any way, thx for reading all this shit.

Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>